Monday, March 4, 2013

Thank you Google!


My main PC crashed the other day, and Windows had to be re-installed. Although I have deliberately preserved backups of (most) important stuff, I thought it would be a bind to get everything set up and working efficiently once more, especially the favorites list and the user names and passwords of the hundreds of sites of which I am a member.

To my great delight and surprise, Google came to the rescue. It seems that their Chrome browser, the main browser I use, has a built-in recovery feature, which I wasn't even aware of!

By logging into my gmail account, all of my favorites and saved passwords were quickly restored, and I was up and running again in no time.

I really can't praise Google enough for this tremendous feat of super user-friendliness! Although Google has grown into a giant company, they still care for their users!

No comments:

Post a Comment